The credit card facility within MyCart is provided by a third-party platform - Stripe. You will have to apply for a Stripe account and connect that to MyCart before you can provide the “pay by credit card” option to your customers. Please follow the procedure below:
- Sign up for a new Stripe account.
- Register your personal/company bank account and fill in the details required.
- Connect your new Stripe account to MyCart.
Stripe charges an administrative fee for all credit card transactions. Click here for more details.
Areas currently supported by Stripe:
Stripe is available in many regions/countries (click here to view list). At the moment, Stripe does not support accounts in Macau and Taiwan. However, if you have a Hong Kong bank account, you can still register for a Stripe account.
1. After logging in to MyCart, go to the "Payment Method" tab under the “Setting” menu
2. Click the “+ADD" button and select "Credit Card”, then click on ”Connect with Stripe”. You will be directed to the Stripe website.
3. If you already have a Stripe account, click "Sign in" at the top right corner of the page and login to Stripe.
4. If you do not have a Stripe account, fill in the details required on this page (as shown below) to instantly create an account.
5. Once done, you will be redirected to MyCart. You will see that the "Credit Card" payment method has already been added to the list. You can click "Edit" to change the display name or add payment instructions.
You can log in to your Stripe account at https://dashboard.stripe.com/login to view/manage credit card transactions, process refunds and set up transfer schedules, etc.